It's now a waiting game for Dad. He'll be having a series of tests from tomorrow until Saturday to check his suitability for any procedure. So far, we've had 3 opinions, with surgery recommendations swinging from urgent to unnecessary. Hopefully we'll be able to get the best surgeon to work on Dad.
Anybody here know Dr. Dy Bun Yok personally? We heard he's really good. I called Chinese General Hospital this morning but he was off this week. Perhaps any of you could refer us to him? You may reach me thru my mobile since I don't know when I could be online tomorrow, I might be at the Heart Center all day :)
Had a jampacked room this afternoon: a pray-over with Dad's friends at the Centro La Humildad (from Malabon), my close friends and family in the early evening, and my other brother right before we left Dad to rest. The nurse reported a rise in his BP -- he was so excited to see a lot of people showing their sympathy. He had to eat fish and white chicken for dinner to avoid any cholesterol trouble , while we ate adobo (GP!!!) among other salty, oily things ;)
I hope he continues to be strong, to stabilize his body for whatever operation is recommended.
Again, thanks for your prayers, and hope you could include his recovery in your Holy Week mass intentions :)